Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Eat-um-up Send a message via AIM to Eat-um-up
Post CArb trouble

Im running duel dells that have just been rebuilt. i just set the idel adjust, and fuel mixtures but one side is sucking a whole lot of air. the other side ont even reed. i can feel the air sucking when i put my hand over it. i would think that only one side is working, but the engine idles real steady without rock, and sounds really clean when you pull the gas???? any hints or tips?

------------------
Sweet Blue 72' 914
Check it out at
http://www.geocities.com/eat_um_up/914.html
Old 11-04-2001, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Text me.828-230-0788

Garage
IF you have "bench set" them....you need a unisync or some other type of tool to measure the intake of the carbs to make them equal.....GOD can't do them by ear....

But I could be wrong,,,,,

Old 11-04-2001, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
If you could do it bay ear im defiantely not that good. i got a sucker thingy to measure the suction. i got them sucking evenly and everything... now it just feels as though theres no power. it accelerates like a bug and climes hills like a bug on 2 cylinders

------------------
Sweet Blue 72' 914
Check it out at
Old 11-04-2001, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

Just finnished setting my 44 IDF's. You can get them close by ear (if you ain't deaf). But this was after bench setting all barrels. Then evenly adjust then idle speed. not mixture. However once my Uni-syn came in the mail (best $20.00 I ever spent) I found out I was off a little on one side. you know if your linkage is not even you could be handicapped before you start.
Old 11-05-2001, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks everyone. i got the thing road worthy but the engine runs way too weak. Now i just have to figure out why its powerless

------------------
Sweet Blue 72' 914
Check it out at
Old 11-05-2001, 04:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Look at the post on Carbs (pretty recent) gobs of good info. Keep us informed us carb guys have to stick together.
Old 11-05-2001, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: