Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Question Rod End Play

I am not sure I am measuring rod end play correctly. I have a 1.8L crank and rods and when I used my feeler gauge I was getting reading from .013 to .017. They got bigger the further I moved from the flywheel end. Also, on a few journals, one side would read as a bigger space than in the opposite side (ie. flywheel side read .013 and front .015) In all cases I wrote down the higher number for each rod. Is that normal, or was I measuring wrong (pushed the rod over till it "clicked" and stuck the biggest feeler gauge that woudl fit)? Do I need to get a new crank?
Thanks in Advance
JB
Old 11-06-2001, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I noticed that you haven't had a response to your question, so I responded to get you back up the list abit. Jake Raby is the man to talk to, so maybe he'll see this and give you the answers you're looking for.

Good Luck,

Kevin
'73 resto *Over budget, and Behind schedule* just like all my projects!
Old 11-06-2001, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks Special K!!! I just want to know if the crank is still worth using.
Old 11-07-2001, 03:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Bump - I'd feel a lot better about reusing my crank if I knew more too.

Dave
Old 11-07-2001, 04:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: