Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest tail light issues. need help!

ok so my driver's side turn signals just started flashing faster than normal. when i turn on the headlights the driver's side turn signals stop working, but they flicker a little when the passenger side turn signals are turned on. the weird thing is that when the hazard lights are on all of the lights flash like they're supposed to. and finally the little rear turn signal bulb on the passenger side has a little bit of a delay.

I messed around with the bulbs and i can't seem to figure out what is going on. i could really use some help..
Old 05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

maybe try cleaning the connections at the fuse board
Old 05-15-2009, 07:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Its not impossible to put the wrong bulbs in the right place/ right bulbs in the wrong place/ and wrong bulbs in the wrong place too. Check all the bulbs- especially the recent ones.

My gallery page
Old 05-16-2009, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGB View Post
Its not impossible to put the wrong bulbs in the right place/ right bulbs in the wrong place/ and wrong bulbs in the wrong place too. Check all the bulbs- especially the recent ones.
Yeah, but that's only if your from Alabama...

Something I just learned today while working on the exact same thing: my rear tail lights have a number on the reflector near each socket...those are the watts that the bulb is suppose to be. Today, I bought all new bulbs because some were dim, some seemed to not be working (turns out it was some corrosion on the terminals) and some were not marked so I had no idea if they were correct or not. Spend the couple bucks and make sure they are all the right sizes, and clean up everything from bulb to fuse box.

If it still doesn't work right , then you definitely have a 914!!
'71 914-6 | "Huey" w/3.2 engine
'04 GT3 | Nadine's daily driver...
Old 05-19-2009, 05:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

well i fixed it lol. i cleaned off the inch of dust and dirt from the fuse board and i also replaced the front turn signal bulbs. the one on the left had different filaments in it so the resistance was uneven causing the other lights to work unevenly... lol
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

btw thanks for the input guys
Old 05-21-2009, 08:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: