Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Injector seal question

Want to replace injector seals. Is there one or two per injector?There is one on the injector which I have removed. Is there another pressed into the manifold or only the one I see. I can't find anything called "injector seal" on my parts CD, only things called "injection bushings". There is an inner and outer bushing for each injector. Are these the seals?
Old 04-03-2002, 07:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Porsche Crest

I think you got it Jim;

There's one seal on the tip of the injector (about a dime in outer circumference) that goes right against the intake runner. That is the seal that seems the most likely one to cause a leak.

There's another bushing about the size of a half dollar that goes around the upper part of the injector. The metal collar goes over that upper bushing and with a little 10mm nut, holds the injector assembly pressed into the runner. This one seems to me to the less critical of the two. If they are still pliable and put enough pressure against the intake runner, they may not need to be replaced.

It's such a simple little assembly it seems like a small mirracle that the injector seals properly at all.

If you are getting hung up on the nomenclature, give the PP guys a call and describe what you are looking for. They'll be able to get the right parts to you.

Truth be told, both sets of 4 seals/bushings are pretty inexpensive (hell, you can get them at any VW parts dealer, the seals are common to all the Type IVs) IMHO it's not worth it to save the couple of bucks. While you are in there, replace them all. (my $.02.)

Last edited by HMeeder; 04-04-2002 at 10:05 AM..
Old 04-03-2002, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: