Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Obscure door lock part needed

Does anybody know where I can get the little plastic sealing ring that is on the key-end of the door lock cylinders?

I took my door handle apart to fix a broken part and relube everything and this ring disintegrated by breathing on it.

Is this something that can be found at a locksmith's store or am I SOL.

I'd probably want 2 or 3 as my other ones are probably the same.

I borrowed the one from the trunk lock, so I could at least put the door back together.

I did notice that the trunk ring was a little different. Any insight here?

Thanks!
Old 08-10-2002, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

karl, i have a couple of door locks, if you can't get a new one i'll give you one of mine, if they're any good.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougwatersfotos/
Old 08-10-2002, 04:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like a small o-ring from the photo. How about the plumbing aisle at Home Depot or the like where they stock an assortment of various o-rings?
Old 08-10-2002, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It may look like an o-ring in the photo, but it's actually a little plastic sleeve, with lip on the end.

Look at the photo closely. It's the gold colored ring around the end of the lock that I'm looking for.

Probably could take some scotch tape, cut it in half length-wise and wrap it around a few times for the same effect.
Old 08-10-2002, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

karl, i just took one of my locks apart and that sleeve fell apart, so i doubt any of my other ones are anygood. it looks like you could use one or even two O rings in it's place. hardware stores or pump shops would have them.

doug
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dougwatersfotos/
Old 08-11-2002, 03:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: