Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Stationary window fit problem

I'm reassembling my 74. I put the right side door together, and test fit the door with the stationary window installed. I've adjusted the crap out of it but I still cannot get the top of the stationary glass to fit the body correctly. There is a gop at the top where it meets the A-pillar rubber. Any suggestions? I'll take a pic and post it tonight

Randy
Old 10-04-2002, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I just had to replace a door on my race car due to putting a crease in it at the vintage event at the CA Speedway. My car is a 73 and the replacement door is a 70 which means the mounts for all the parts are slightly different. I fit the bare door first and got all the gaps to be fairly even then started putting the parts in. The first to go in was the main window channel which supports both pieces of glass. I had to make sure it went in correctly, meaning I put the upper attachment bolt in loose and then put in the lower adjuster and nut. Make sure that the lower adjuster gets put in from the inside of the door and that the slot for screwdriver adjustment comes through the hole towards the outside. Then screw it into the bottom of the window channel and put the nut on the outside loosely. The door has a slot so the angle of the window channel can be varied slightly and I had to make mine longer slightly (0.25 inches) so the glass would all line up. I put the winder mechanism in after the channel. Good luck.
Old 10-04-2002, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

John has got it. In other simpler words, the bottom of the thing has to go out to bring the top in. If the bottom adjuster nut is installed right, you can do this. There is a fore and aft adjustment as well, but you probably see that. If the factory adjustments don't go far enough, your windshield frame is bent.

John, I just took mine out completely, but I hear that POC wants them in now. What about HSR and other clubs you run with?
Old 10-04-2002, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It's adjusted out to the last couple of threads, I guess I'll take it apart and bend it in a little. I never thought about putting some farm torque on it and persuading it into place!

Randy
Old 10-04-2002, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
When I was putting my car back together after painting, I adjusted that bar so that I had a very nice tight fit at the top of the door.

About a week later I noticed that I had adjusted it to the point that the bottom of that window pillar was pushing against the door skin from the inside so much that you could see a dimple pushing out at the bottom of the doors when you looked down the side of the car. Not a happy moment.

I loosened the adjustment up and everything was good to go...
Old 10-04-2002, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: