Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Video Tutorial: Replacing the hydraulic valve tappets on the S2

Hi,

I made a new video on the 944 S2. The video is a step by step tutorial how to replace the hydraulic valve tappets in the 16 valve cylinder head on your Porsche 944 S2. For doing this repair the camshafts and the timing chain has to be removed and reinstalled. The video serves also for this repair as a tutorial. The mandatory removing and installing of the timing belt is already explained in the video on the water pump.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpucaRoYEw

The video has a German soundtrack, but English subtitles are available on YouTube. Just press the settings button below the video frame and enable the subtitles.

Enjoy it,

Jürgen

Old 10-30-2020, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Awesome video!!! Not sure if I will ever have the balls to try it though...Lol!
Old 10-30-2020, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Patrick

Garage
Hi Jurgen,
I've been watching your 944 videos over the years and greatly appreciate the commitment to our hobby. In fact, your clutch replacement video inspired me to successfully tackle the project myself. Thank you!!

Patrick
Old 10-30-2020, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Kessel run in 12 parsecs!

Garage
Very good video, I have the 86 951, which I enjoy driving. I have seen and saved your video's for future reference. Do you have a website where people can visit? If so I would enjoy checking it out. Thanks Fast Freddy!

Old 10-31-2020, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
camshaft , hydraulic tappets , timing chain