Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Linkage problems?

I Think my trans linkage is all messed up. I managed to get my 944 towed today. I had to walk several miles and pay $90. When the guy handed me my keys I was no longer mad. I was just happy to have my car back. But wait... it wont go in to first! It wont go into 2nd 3rd or 4th. It goes into fifth and reverse. I let out the clutch in reverse and it goes forward! I put it back in neutral and let go of the clutch thinking that neutral was still neutral but no... its feels more like 2nd or 3rd. What the hell did they do to my car?! They said it wasnt their fault but they at least towed me home for free. Does any one have any advise for me? Is it the linkage? Does the towing company owe me? Please help.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Cant say I have ever heard of this. I would guess it has to be the linkage though. Tow truck drivers will disconect the linkage to put a car in neutral if they cant get inside, and they dont want to use trolleys on the wheels. I can imagine that he would have done this if he had your keys though. Most of the time tow trucks are not responsible for damage. You can fight it though. Good luck.

81 924 N/A

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: