Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

need help in deciding color...

im getting my car painted ...
I have an 84 guards red 944
Im thinkin about getting it painted black....
you tell me what you think, If you got pics of your favorite color post em!
later
Brian

Old 12-11-2000, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I personally like both...red will definetly get you more attention from the police, but there is some wisdom in keeping it the original color....if you plan on keeping it for a long time, do what ever you desire, if you plan on selling it in the next 5 or so years I'd keep it Red...
Old 12-11-2000, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Copenhagen Blue, but only if you do it right, other wise keep it red.

------------------
Porsche, Through and through
Tim
'83 944
Old 12-11-2000, 07:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I agree,,keep it the original color or a SLIGHT shade change if you have to; door jambs, engine compartment, weather stripping, seals,,,,PAIN PAIN $$$$$$$$$$ for color change done correct.
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian 944:
im getting my car painted ...
I have an 84 guards red 944
Im thinkin about getting it painted black....
you tell me what you think, If you got pics of your favorite color post em!
later
Brian

[This message has been edited by monteness (edited 12-11-2000).]
Old 12-11-2000, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I'd have to stay in the keep it stock color group. I have a truck that I painted black from red (due to large portions being replaced due to an accident) I had a good pait job done but ever time it chips I see red. I kind of sucks. My 944 is the same since the PO painted it red from silver. I'm going to have it striped and painted silver again.

Matt
Old 12-12-2000, 02:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

I have a black and a red car. When looking for a second 944, I focused on a black car because I enjoy the way the body looks in black. When considering black, I was told to expect to need to keep the car clean as black shows ALL the dirt and minor "towel" scratches. I dismissed the comments at the time but now I can say without a doubt its true, black shows dirt.

The black paint responds well to a good wax and detail but if you dont keep the edges clean, it shows the wax.

Our red car is also in its original color paint and mile for mile, shows less dirt than the black car.

Color change... No, I will keep playing with original color cars... just too much work to change the color correctly and the car's "paint" value is lost when it comes time to trade.
Old 12-12-2000, 09:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
my 84 944 was originally silver. i guess one of the previous owners decided to change the color. its now yellow. at first i hated it. now it grew on me and now i love it. ive never seen another yellow 944. im planning on having it repainted this summer yellow again. the previous owner went all the way on this paint job. door jams and every nook and cranny. the person who painted the car did do a lousy job of painting it. besides a new paint job will most certainly do any car justice as long as the paintjob is done right.

Old 12-14-2000, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: