Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Unhappy Emergency!!!!! Please Help

I am pleading to anyone who may be able to help me.

I put a new clutch in the 83 944 today and broke the rear sonsor AND mounting bracket. I am embarased to even tell you how. But I will anyway.....The mounting bolt for the rear sensor was frozen into the bracket. I broke the top of the sensor off while trying to slide it out. I then broke the bracket trying to remove the mounting bolts for it. And everything went so good.

My request is does anyone have the rear sensor and or a mounting bracket? I would even buy both sensors if you have them. I need them by Saturday!!! I would even be happy if I could get them by Sunday. I will of coarse be happy to pay you a fair price and any shipping costs. Please let me know if you can help. This is my only means of transportation, and I need to work on Monday. Thank you in advance.

If you can't be good.....Be good at it!!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
--bump--
928 OC member
PCA member
Old 07-04-2003, 01:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks for the bump Justin.

Does any one have the part numbers for the sensors. I thought I saw that the two had the same number on a previos post. I can us the mounting bracket over as a temporary fix.

I will try Pelican and the other parts sources.

Thanks again.

Old 07-04-2003, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

you have a PM

Early '85 944
Old 07-04-2003, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

All is good again.

A VERY big thank you to Mr. Carsontc!!! He came through for me big time. He sent me his spare set of sensors AND a mounting bracket. Carson, I will make it right ASAP. I cannot thank you enough.

About the clutch.......Really not as bad of a job as I thought it would be. I used the instructions written by Clarks Garage. Very good. I will HIGHLY recomend that anybody replacing their clutch purchase a set of sensors and a mounting bracket. One of the sensors was frozen in the hole so hard I had to try and remove the mounting bracket. After not being able to remove the bracket I again tried to remove sensor by tapping up from underneath. Well that just broke the entire set up. Anyway like I said all is good. I even managed to do the clutch without removeing the exaughst. The entire project probably would have taken about 12 hrs. if I didn't have the sensor fiasco. Take your time and follow the instructions step - by - step.

Old 07-07-2003, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: