Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to Brandon85-944 Send a message via AIM to Brandon85-944
Post ugh..center console problem!!!

Hey all, info: early 85 944 N/A 107,000

Alright, I took the console apart a while ago and am having some difficulties remembering. I have the console it self in and I have some wires sticking out of the top having a total of 4 interior lights...I can only find spots for 3... one as a clock light, one as an oil pressure light, and one to illuminate to hot and cold band for the airconditioner.....where does the other one go?

thx all..

Brandon85-944

Old 05-20-2001, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to Porsche 951 Fanatic
ashtray?
Old 05-20-2001, 08:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

sorry forgot to say that I already have the ashtray light hooked up...so it's something else ...can't put my finger on it.... I think it's the blonde hair...duhh...
Old 05-20-2001, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

i have two light holders on the actual console, and then the ash tray one.
One light bulb holder is to the left, directly to the left of "brake warning, seat belt warning" red light thing, and the other one is directly to the right of that little black square plug on the left side.
The black plug may be a switch in your car or something if you have an option.
Hope it helps, and I assume yours is an 85 not an 85.5 becuase otherwise I am giving ya jibberish

Hey if you need a picture I have a console out and a digital camera, just shout picture if you need it.

[This message has been edited by AMCPorsche924Powerhaus! (edited 05-20-2001).]
Old 05-20-2001, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Powerhaus....I would love a picture of the console with the digital cam when ever you have the time....appreciate the help...

thx..

P.S. because I still can't figure it out

Brandon85-944
Old 05-21-2001, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Back again....I also noticed one other thing that really frustrates me...those four illumination lights in the console mentioned above don't light up...I checked fuses....had the car on and off....the oil pressure gauge and the clock work...as well as the switches and ashtray light...any suggestions as to why this may happening...mind you I don't have everything in the console hooked up. Could that be a reason...?

thx..

Brandon85-944
Old 05-21-2001, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

You did turn the car AND the headlights on right?? if ya did then i dont know.

------------------
If you drive it, Race it
Dave
'87 944
Old 05-21-2001, 11:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Yes...I did have the headlights on....I also just noticed that it appears that one of those 4 illumination lights is blown...I'll replace that and see if that's the solution...

thx.

Brandon85-944
Old 05-21-2001, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Hey Brandon, if you do not have all of those wires hooked up properly, then the lights in the console gauges will not work....You have to complete the circuit....I don't know which wires you have hooked up, and which one's you don't....so without seeing a pic, I cannot help....If you can get me one, I'll try to get you through it...I had mine apart numerous times....Cus
Old 05-21-2001, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

my digital cam software keeps giving me illegal ops, my cam does it some times when a picture got taken with a bad battery or something, i will try to get the pictures again tomorrow.

Anyway if your lights are not working, it may be because one main thing is not hooked up, like the ones up in your facia illumination, I think it getss the power from one of them lights.
SO say one wire fell off up top and it just happens to be the one that goes down to your console, that may be a problem.
Have you ever had them working before, think of what you have changed since.
Old 05-21-2001, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

alright...I solved the power situation but...I still have 4 lights and only 3 locations I can see to put lights...one for the clock, one for the oil pressure gauge, and one for the hot cold temp bar for the airconditioner...where the heck does the other one go....I'm not talking about the ashtray light either...

thx.

Brandon85-944
Old 05-22-2001, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I don't remember what used to light up on my 84 but maybe the fourth goes to one of these:

-fan speed switch next to the red-blue temp bar
-air conditioning rotary knob
-cigarette lighter (maybe background light so you can see the hole to put it back in at night)
-fog light switch
- seat belt, brake pad, and parking brake lights (but you already said these are hooked up)

Along with the oil pressure, clock, temp bar, and ashtray, that's pretty much it in the center console.

Good luck

Old 05-23-2001, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: