Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
newb.

Post Ahmet - more website questions....

Hey Ahmet, me again.
I saw where you mounted a late-type spring tensioned timing belt tensioner on your 84. How did you do that? Are there mounting holes already there, or did you have to fabricate something?
Seems like a good way to avoid having to use the "tool"...

Thanks.

Old 05-29-2001, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
The spring loaded tensioner was already there when I bought the car over two years ago. This is NOT the type that S2s, and later cars have, it's the same as the early 16v, and turbo cars. An update if you will.

Can be retrofitted, whereas the hydrolic (oil pressure dependent) tensioner of the later type can NOT be fitted to earlier cars, as the block is different as you might've guessed.

The shop manuals suggest using the tensioning tool anyway, but I'm not so sure that it's vital. Anyway, I'm thinking about doing belts/seals in a few months, if I do so, I'll take a bunch of pics.

You know I've done a lot of repairs, taking pics along the way, I ought to put it together on a website sometime...

Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
My page over1g@hotmail.com
Porsche owners Gallery.../My 944
Old 05-29-2001, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
is this a digicam image or scan?

Old 05-29-2001, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 1.2gees
That particular image is scanned, but practically every picture since I sold my 17 inch rims are taken with my digital video cam. (Sony DCR-TVR530). Great digital VIDEO camera, night vision, 750x zoom, 12 hour recording time etc., but still picture quality isn't all that great). I got the camera so I can upload mpegs, but the videos I've made so far don't have sound, and I don't have money to keep buying stuff, I want a 944 turbo asap.
Ahmet

------------------
It's all the driver...
My page over1g@hotmail.com
Porsche owners Gallery.../My 944
Old 05-29-2001, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
maybe when carter's finished...

Old 05-29-2001, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: