Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Post What kind & size tool to remove hatch pins mount?

How in the heck do you unscrew this from the hatch? What size and type of tool is needed? Maybe this is a 12 point? It's not Torx and it's not Allen - anyone know? I need to remove from parts car and use on drivable car. Here's the picture of it. Thanks, Dean

Old 06-04-2001, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dean Gurko:
Hi Dean you can try a 12 point tool on this for the 2 bolts that sit on either side of the lock pin not shure what size it is tho, and more than likely you will break the locking pin off in the holder as it has had many years to corrode into place I got both of mine freed up but i broke one off so I got another from my parts car.,PB Blaster works well for this.....Stan
Old 06-04-2001, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Petie3rd

Send a message via Yahoo to Mrmerlin
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mideastmafia:
Good job Shaun yes as I remember you can use a regular allen to remove the bolts, thanks for the remider Shaun........Stan
Old 06-05-2001, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Well, I've tried various metric and standard allen wrenches, but haven't found the right one to bit into this enough to loosen it.

Shaun or Stan - can one of you please try
the right allen out in you hatch screws, and then post here, or e-mail me the size of the allen? I'll go to the local hardware store and pick one up.

Thanks heaps,
Dean

Old 06-06-2001, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: