Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Air Temperature Sensor Mod

Hi All

Please do not flame for this prolly stupid question - but i have spoken to a guy and he said to that if i install a certain resistor to the air temp sensor or o2 sensor i would gain more HP - I have checked the search function but couldnt find anything.

He says that with this mod it tells the ecu that the air coming in throught the intake is cold air : and this advances the timing letting the engine produce more power.

Any advise or has any body done this???

Thanks

Frankydoom

1986 n/a cab
Old 10-01-2003, 06:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to bigyagi
hey franky ! i have heard about this mod too, but i'm staying away from it. i'm sure someone on here, with much more wisdom than me, can fill you in! just curious, where about in the uk, are you located?
regards, bob.
2002 grand am--better halfs ride.
olds 98 royal brougham--gone, but not forgotten.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
well if the ecu thought it was getting more colder or just more air and the timing was advanced it would be shooting more fuel into the engine...

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

A popular and expensive mod made famous by the VW CIS crowd. Good for one or two hp in certain conditions, ie almost never. It will however, help you fail emissions. There were lots of companys that would reshim your air temp sensor ($), or you could go to a junk yard and find an ats from an Audi 5000S. Save your money, checking the air pressure in your tires is worth more hp.

1991 944S2 Rally #951 Rally-America.com
Old 10-01-2003, 09:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Thanks all - but surely there is more info out there ........bump
Old 10-02-2003, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by FRANKYDOOM
Thanks all - but surely there is more info out there ........bump
Depends on who's "info" you want to believe.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-02-2003, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Let's go shooting.

If Porsche could easily and inexpensively give their punters a few extra HP without any downside for the sake of a 50 pence resistor don't you think they would have done so? Stay away from the pub experts is my advice chap.

1991 944 (automatic) 2.7 litre 16 valve na and pas

"I have only five words for you: From my cold, dead hands."
Old 10-02-2003, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: