Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to ds475
I too, am very lucky...

Last night I was sitting at a stop light, it was kind of on a hill, therefore forcing me to have to keep the brake on (facing up the hill to the light). some people pull up behind me, and in other lanes, then i'm sitting there, and the guy behind me, i guess let off his brake and comes up and hits me. i see HIS hands go up, then the light turns green, and i go forward. I wasn't sure if maybe i had let off my brakes and slipped backwards, so i turned then didn't go real fast to try to let them keep up. then they turn off to go back south down the highway, i flip a u-turn and chase after who i thought it was, but end up in a REALLY ghetto neighborhood following these people, and i didn't want to end up following them home where they're safe with "the homies", so i just said screw it, because i didn't even know if it was the right person. i go to a gas station, get out, take a look, and there isn't any sign whatsoever of any damage. I went inside and celebrated with a slurpy.

THEN on the way home from the gas station, i'm hauling ass down this windy road, that i like to drive at night, because there are no cars on it to slow me down. I'm then going up the main road in my area, and i'm going like 35-40 (speed limit was 35) and a HUGE buck is sitting on the sidewalk. i keep going, and wondering... what's this deer gonna do... because they're so stupid and unpredictable. of course, he waltz's his monster ass out into the street, and i thankfully, NOT speeding hit my brakes, and actually have to skid a little to prevent from hitting him. he was so big, he would have seriously busted my baby. who is already in disrepair from both windows being broken from a break in, getting my driver's side door/from quarter panel messed up, and my moonroof hitting the pavement...

so about the book i just wrote...
Old 10-08-2003, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
about a week ago I was driving home much more slowly than usual because the roads were wet. Sure enough, there was a huge deer right smack dab in the middle of my lane. I was able to brake slowly and roll past the stunned bastard. Since then I have watched my speed very closely in that area at night.
Current Stable: Black 07 Porsche Cayman S: FabSpeed Maxflo Exhaust; VividRacing ECU Tune; IPD Competition Plenum; 997GT3 Throttle Body; De-Snork'd.2011 Acura MDX. 2008 Mazda 3. Gone But Not Forgotten:Garnet Red 86 Porsche 951("The Purple Pig"). Silver 09 Mini Cooper S ("Mighty Mouse"). Alpine White 83 Porsche 944 ("Alpine Wolf"). Guards Red 84 Porsche 944. Green 97 Volvo 850 Wagon ("The Viridian Falcon").
Old 10-08-2003, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: