Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cayenne V6 is a VW? Panorama article

Forgive me, but back when the 944 was being designed, Porsche made a claim that they did not want to utilize a VW or Audi derived engine. Interesting that the Cayenne will soon be sporting an optional 3.2 liter VW based engine. The Panorama article made a statement that Porsche had been "burned" (not the exact words) by the 924 engine. I wonder..What did they expect when they come out with a car that had less than half the HP of other models in their stable?

I dunno....just hit me as humorous after all these years that a V6 is finally being fitted to a Porsche product. Hey..If Porsche will donate one of these engines, I will let my 944 be a test bed for it!!

Cheers!!
Old 10-13-2003, 01:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I thought the Porsche Pepper's were only going to have V-8s to avoid the evil stigma of VW powered Porsches! And why would you buy the Pepper instead of the T-Reg if they had the same HP? I am sure they won't cost the same...

1991 944S2 Rally #951 Rally-America.com
Old 10-13-2003, 01:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Is it just me, or does the Cayenne look very similar to the Hyundai Sante Fe from the front?

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 10-13-2003, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

nahh, it's just you. the Santa Fe is one butt-ugly vehicle. the Cayenne looks much better
Old 10-13-2003, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
I'm not saying the cayenne is ugly, just that the front is very simliar to the Sante Fe, not the rest of the truck.

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 10-13-2003, 05:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

I understand that. I just said there was no comparison because I think the Santa Fe is hellaciously ugly where I consider the Cayenne relatively attractive
Old 10-13-2003, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: