Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Private Messages

I think I owe some of you folks an apology or two.

First off, one of the major downsides of being a '60's vintage flower child over 50 is the memory tends to fade.

Second, I believe some of you may have sent me Private Messages to which I have not responded.

The fact of the matter is, it never dawned on me that by Private Message you were referring to messages that would be posted privately on this board, and not messages that were sent directly to my e-mail address.

For those of you to whom I did not reply, please accept my apologies. If you will use this address I will reply ASAP: Porsche944@carolina.rr.com
Old 10-13-2003, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Those messages are still there. Just select "Show Messages From: The Begining".

Also some tracking features to tell you if your message has been received.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-13-2003, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

AND DON'T LET IT HAPPEN AGAIN!

just kidding

but the PMs should have triggered a notice to your e-mail address that you have private messages waiting
Old 10-13-2003, 11:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
but the PMs should have triggered a notice to your e-mail address that you have private messages waiting
Is this feature automatic or would I have to set it up? We are talking about PM and not Post's right?
pictures
Old 10-14-2003, 12:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

That's the strange part. I recall someone asking about some cookie cutters that I have, and this same person said he would send a private message, but I never saw anything about a waiting PM.

Of course, knowing the shambles that my grey matter is in, I could be on the wrong board.
Old 10-14-2003, 05:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

More likely it was the amount of beer drawn from the keg at Ian's last weekend. ;D
Old 10-14-2003, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Man, I had a head ache for TWO DAYS!
Old 10-14-2003, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Another fine Rennlist Beer night in the books! You head probably hurt from firing up his 951 in a single car garage with open down pipe, I know my ears rang for a bit.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Beer night? Tell me more about this 'beer night'...
pictures
Old 10-14-2003, 10:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

you Cali guys are having all the fun as usual. norwesterners anyone?
Old 10-15-2003, 08:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

Quote:
Originally posted by rbt944
Is this feature automatic or would I have to set it up? We are talking about PM and not Post's right?

jeez, with all the talk about booze, I totally skipped answering the question.

yes, PMs is what we're talking about. to make sure notifications are turned on, go to your CP and click on Edit Options, scroll halfway down the page to where it says "Pop up a box when you receive a Private Message?" and make sure the yes radio button is checked. save the changes, and next time you should get the notification that you have one waiting (if of course you do)
Old 10-16-2003, 12:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: