Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

redone interior

just looking for feedback, recarpet interior and replaced door pocket material. did it myself. not perfect but it only cost about $150

Old 10-18-2003, 12:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

judging from the picture, it looks pretty good. I'd like to see it up-close and in person. are you satisfied with it?
Old 10-18-2003, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yeah, pretty much. i know the carpet is really not the best choice.......slightly too thick, slightly too light, but i wanted a little better pile and i didn't like the old beige/linen color. my carpet was completely destroyed by time and the elements, that's why i did it.
Old 10-18-2003, 03:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

looks good though. as for the color, you could dye it a darker shade. Rit makes a spray dye
Old 10-18-2003, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Looks good! I started redoing mine recently. Just haven't had time to change the carpet in the front yet.

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 10-18-2003, 07:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

thanks, the rear cargo area is a pain in the @$$, the easiest area is the front, if i did it over i would use a slightly thinner carpet.....a very good grade of automotive carpeting. there were some areas that i needed to sort of mold the carpet so i could keep it in place with carpet tape so i used a heat gun to loosen the backing of the carpet a little.....worked pretty well. good luck.
Old 10-18-2003, 08:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

What did you use for insulation/soundproofing...I am about to do the same thing as soon as I finish this leak fix.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

tcmdocs944......i just used thin guage carpet padding......that's what the local pros say they use too. just in the noisy or rough areas...ie.the hatch and footwells. good luck.

Old 10-22-2003, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: