Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thumbs up idle problem fixed

Hey, I have had this irritating idle problem as long as I have owned my car and I would work on it from time to time trying to figure out what was causeing it. When I pulled up to a stop light the idle would drop to about 200 rpm and almost stall, sometimes it would stall. If it didnt stall it would quickly recover and idle normally. The problem was inside the Air flow regulator. The potentiometer circuit board had 2 tiny wear marks right in the idle position. I had a spare air flow regulator from an 8valve car so I took the circuit board out and put it in mine. Presto... a perfect idle.

Old 10-18-2003, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

M7 87S does the same thing. I'd like to do the procedure you describe on mine. Could you send me some instructions offline at cpm01@aol.com.

Thanks much!
Mike
Old 10-20-2003, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hey Mike for some reason I'm having trouble with your email address. I would love to help you with pictures and procedure. Email me at Londel@carolina.rr.com Lonnie
Old 10-20-2003, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Disclaimer: This is not a Porsche approved procedure and I know very little about what I did(except that it fixed the problem) Proceed at your own risk. As far as I know parts arent avail for the air flow meter so you will have to buy a used spare to get parts(pretty cheap on Ebay).

Old 10-20-2003, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: