Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Will work for parts

Send a message via AIM to 944 boy
Conflageration

I'm surprised no one has mentioned the burning of the southern half of california since there are many socal listers. Later tonight and maybe tomorrow if it comes to it i too may have to evacuate. The problem is that we have too much stuff that we want but cant take like cars. My 944 and our 356 and maybe even my dads 993 may stay. Its a sad thought. Id like to take them to a friends house but they have all evacuated too. Our best be is finding a big ass parking lot and setting them in the middle. I hope for the best to all p-cars in SD. I already saw one white boxster S burn on the news.

-Greg

Old 10-26-2003, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

Greg, if you need help moving storing your cars, say so. I'm sure there are lots of people here that could help. I know I could. Say the word.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Most of the owners that are fairly prepared, cutting back the foliage and have a swimming pool or 2,000 gallon reserviour and a gasoline powered pump with a couple of 1" hoses save their property.

Contrary to the hysteria that the agencies spout.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 10-26-2003, 09:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Will work for parts

I appreciate all the offers. My email is GregS2000@aol.com So far it does not like like it will make it here anytime soon. If we do need cars moved and or stored i will not hesitate to let you know.
-We have nowhere to move the cars. There is one possibility in Cartiff and we dont want to move the fleet of cars unless we absolutely have to. Lets just hope we dont have to.
-Greg
Old 10-26-2003, 09:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Will work for parts

Well as of now it seems that ill be fine. THe fires that were threatening have subsided. Things are still a mess but it looks as if the worst is over and itll only be small spot fires and hot spots to worry about now. Thanks for all your concern and offers to help. Its good to know that there is a good group of people that are willing to lend a hand.

-Greg
Old 10-26-2003, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
you know that IROCZ that i mentioned in the silly american car post.... yeah my dad lives in good ol Cali.... and he no longer has that car... bet that giggle juice in the back made a nice bang.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I'm off the hook.....

Greg;

Having a place to move the cars to is a minor problem. I have parking priority at two San Diego Yacht clubs. The fire will never get to there. Getting the cars to a safe area is easy. Do keep us posted, what seems a big problem to you is easy for someone else.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
I'm off the hook.....

I just read over on Rennlist that Hunley Racing will help anyone that needs it. As always, they are a great group.

Old 10-27-2003, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: