Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Talking North East Coast 944'ers Unite

Hey as I posted in previously. Why dont all of us go to a chat and try to fiquire something out , we can plan a meeting and start our own thing. Or we can just cause some havoc around Northern US. I live in Pottsville,PA near Reading PA, I'm up for meeting other 944 owners. I 've also only met one other 944 owner. We are scarce and should try to get together and start something BIG for the 944. We can use shawns chat if you guys want! let me know. Thanks Donnie Cryder aka DJpotential
^my IM name

Old 05-24-2001, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Writer/Teacher

Garage
Send a message via AIM to CJFusco
COunt me in if you plan something anywhere near CT,MA, NY, or NJ....
Old 05-24-2001, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Cool

guys DEFINATELY, the only problem is that there might be two meets, one in ohio, the other in NJ if its too far a drive to meet in the middle. Unless we can get enough people involved to come we'll end up having two. My idea if we were to have two was to have the one in ohio first, then the next day drive to PA, and pick everyone up and have a show in NJ. So far I haven't talked to anyone really, so those people who want to come, please tell us what you would like.

BTW: let's figure out a good name for it
Old 05-24-2001, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
I'm all about it. I am in MD, so anywhere within a couple hundred miles is fine by me.

------------------
ribs, 86' 951
Old 05-24-2001, 03:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

sounds good to me, I'm also in MD.
Ribs where u located?
Old 05-24-2001, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stray15
Thumbs up

I'm up for anything.

The red star is where I am in pennslvania.(man, I can't even spell my home state).

------------------
Porsche, Through and through
Tim
'83 944

http://community.webshots.com/user/strayer15
Old 05-24-2001, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
im down. i hope it doesnt conflict with my summer classes. i have a 2 week vacation in the end of june. i will be gion to virginia that first weekend to visit a friend. takin the 944 of course
Old 05-24-2001, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Sundays will work best for me.

------------------
Tim
'83 944

Old 05-24-2001, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

Anyone know a good place. i dont care where we go. i'll get the word out and try to round up people, but what can we call ourselves?
Old 05-24-2001, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Cool

Damn!! I wish I could join you guys. I live in Hawaii.

------------------
PORSCHE There is no Substitute!
Old 05-24-2001, 11:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Talking

I'll trade you! lol
Old 05-25-2001, 07:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
robs944,

I am in Glen Burnie, just south of baltimore...where are you?

------------------
ribs, 86' 951
Old 05-25-2001, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Stray you seem pretty close to me, I'm in Wayne PA.

I'm down for a get together in SE PA!
Old 05-25-2001, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Wink

I'm in!!! I live south of Buffalo in Fredonia, NY which is right on the other side of Erie, PA. Keep me informed, I'm in for a road trip!!!!!
Old 05-25-2001, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
I'm in Texas...kinda a long drive...sorry guys.

------------------
Drive it like you stole it........Justin
Old 05-25-2001, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Mein Gott!

Garage
Thumbs up

Hell I'm only a few hours away in Pittsburgh; I'm in!
Old 05-25-2001, 10:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Lightbulb

What do you guys think of meeting up somewhere like the Poconos Racetrack? It's in Long Pond, Pennsylvania, not far from Wilkes-Barre. Not that we'd be driving the track, but I think we could check out some races, set up a nice rally, and tailgate all day.

Judging by the responses on the board, I think it looks like a fairly central location for the entire Northeast crew.

- Leigh

------------------
Everybody in the world is bent.

[This message has been edited by Leigh 13 (edited 05-25-2001).]
Old 05-25-2001, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Talking

I still say we all meet up at Mid Ohio. It in Lexington Ohio. There are all sorts of cars up there. Five of my 944 buddies are going up this year. Where I live (Columbus, Ohio) there are LOTS of 944 owners. I sure would like it if you could all come up and visit us. PLUS!, we can all have a good, clean race around the track!

"Sprint Vintage
Grand Prix
June 22-24
Mid-Ohio celebrates its history with a tribute to automobile racing of yesteryear. Over 300 vintage racing machines will run wheel-to-wheel on the track during 10 Sportscar Vintage Racing Association group races. An IMSA GTP Reunion race, reliving epic battles of the '80s and '90s, will add to the on-track action. Off-track activities include Sunday's annual Concours d'Elegance car show, featuring Porsche, and Saturday's Third Annual British Car Showdown. Both shows are open to all car clubs and individual sports car owners."

Old 05-25-2001, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to CrazySOB
Hey Builttolast, I live in Erie PA
Old 05-25-2001, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Leigh 13:
What do you guys think of meeting up somewhere like the Poconos Racetrack? It's in Long Pond, Pennsylvania, not far from Wilkes-Barre. Not that we'd be driving the track, but I think we could check out some races, set up a nice rally, and tailgate all day.

Thats the best idea so far. How about it guys, for the location, the Poconos. We just need to find the schedule for the events there so we can decide on when to go.

------------------
Tim
'83 944

Old 05-25-2001, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: