Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I want your comments, good or really bad !!!!

I have a 84 944. The coolant connector on the back side of the head (on drivers side) is leaking. It's not a whole lot. Just getting the smell and a little build up on the head. The car is driven pretty regular(can't keep wife and junior out, she even has a car seat in there), and like I said prior, I'm not dropping a lot. I'm not even getting puddles in the garage. Anyway, I have used Bars Leak in my other cars, but never in any of my 944's. I really don't have time to take the intake off and fix it right now. I'm fixing to start parting a 83 euro, and most of my spare time will be spent sending you guys parts.
So what do you think of Bars leak as a tempory fix?????

I have tons of spare parts, let me know what you need.
Old 12-01-2003, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
vott does ziss do?

the only thing that I can recommend is to simply do it right. if you are comfortable with the leakage and confident that it will not cause a problem, then wait until you can do it right. bars leaks may work o.k. in lesser equipment but why chance it in the Porsche. the way I look at it is that these types of quick-fixes are non-discriminating and will plug any small area with which they come in contact. it would be analogous to the clotting properties of human blood, which clots everything - even the constrictions in arteries left behind by all those cheeseburgers causing a swift heart attack. in the car's case, it would be any restriction such as those possible in the radiator lines where calcium (from tapwater) has had a chance to build up along with other possibilities

sooo, to make a long story short. as the saying goes, anything worth doing is worth doing right
Old 12-02-2003, 12:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

That was actually my thought on the matter. Guess I just wanted it backed up a little. Like I said , it leaks so little. I might have to put a pint in every 500 miles. I have never taken any short cuts on my 944's, and was really doubtful about this.

I have tons of spare parts, let me know what you need.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Every "quick fix" or shortcut I have performed on this car has not held for long.
Tightly engineered engine
Quick, high-rev driving
High temps and pressure

...............................You do the math
Old 12-02-2003, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

If you've ever seen the oil cooler you would be hesitant to put in anything that could gum up those fins.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: