Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

after completion help

now that i have the car all put back together and driving i noticed some problems that werent there proir to disasembly.

1) not to big a deal but,
car at operating temp and fans kick on, ill shut the engine off, but leave the key on and the radiator fans will vibrate the hole car. i retightend everything on the fan housing again and it still vibrates the whole car.
all the bushings for the radiator are new and everything for the radiator seam to be secure.
both fans spin when ever they are kicked on at the proper temp.

are my fans getting worn out? or is there something else wrong?

2) the car feels a little under power. when driving down the road i have to hold the accelerator peadel all the way to the floor in order for the engine to respond or gain speed. as if its not getting enough air or fuel. and the car wont go over 80 like it used to do in 3rd, or for this matter in any gear (obviously not in 1st and 2nd).

i have these parts installed: new air filter, new injectors, new fuel filter, new cap/rotor, new plugs (gapped at 0.28) and wires, and coil. also a new clutch kit too.

i took a look at the cap and rotor and they still looked new and dry. havnt looked at plugs to see what they look like yet.

the car has fairly new brake pads and rotors (replaced them before old engine blew) took the front wheels and spun them by hand and they spun freely. nothing seemed to be binding. rear wheels while in Nuetral and spun them and same just a little slower on spin due to tranny.

checked manual transmision oil levels and they seem to be up, then changed the oil. and looked at the magnet plug and it seemed to have no shavings, refilled to proper level and took a short drive 100ft maybe and checked again. used some stuff my old man uses in his SEMI trucks rear ends and trannys. costly stuff but the best.

my compresion seemed to be fine according to you guys after i posted the #'s

other than being under powered it seems to be running fine for now.

so im thinking i may have to adjust the fuel system somehow

any thoughts?

or i may have a bad DEE system, how does one check this?(please dont say take it to a Porsche dealership, i live to far away from one)

cant spell forgive my "hukt on Fonix" it workt gud four mi

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 05-25-2004, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

or could it be possible that my O2 sensor be fould or the cat pluged? by oil that flowed into the exhast system when old engine blew?

i never changed that or looked into it. just now thought of it.

in the process of buying a car and a half garage with a detached house and fenced in yard
03 Eclipse GS
Old 05-25-2004, 08:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Lightbulb

Is your throttle cable loose? That would explain the pedal travel.
Old 05-25-2004, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

nope throttle cable is tight and intact not loose at all.

03 Eclipse GS
Old 05-25-2004, 08:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
As for the cooling fans, one of mine just started doing the same. It appears that it is out of balance, or the bearings are going. The fan is wobbling on its axis when it is on, and the fan is secure as well.

There is a recent thread on how to rehab the cooling fans.

easy fix for rad fan motor.

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 05-25-2004, 09:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

cool thanks uconntim, ill have to give that a try or maybe see if my donar car's fan(s) still work and try those.

03 Eclipse GS
Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to lousailor Send a message via Yahoo to lousailor
Try checking for any air leaks between the air filter and the throttle body, that'll mess up the computer's fuel/air calculations, also check for disconnected vacuum hoses.

'85 (Early) 944 - Beater
'87 924S - Crunch/Rebuild
'76 924 - Long Gone
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti
Old 05-25-2004, 10:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: