Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cool Monotronic AFM Adjustment

Greetings All -

This is my first post and my first Porsche. It's been my childhood dream to own a 911. Two weeks ago I fulfilled that dream with a 1986 Prussian Blue 911 Cab. The only bad thing is that I cannot stop driving it. I love the connection to road!!!

I have been doing some heavy research on the AFM adjustment. Some people say don't touch it because it's calibrated from the factory and some say that by adjusting this unit you can rid the car of that annoying flat torque spot from 3,200 to 4,200 rpm.

I have been monitoring the O2 sensor (disconnected) voltage at idle and at 2,000 RPM.

When adjusting the AFM screw it seems to never change from 0.76v. Some people say that an O2 sensor cannot send accurate signals when at idle hence the 2,000 RPM test. It does bounce down to 0.6 upon deceleration.

Has anyone successfully adjusted his or her AFM? If so what was the process in doing so?
Is there such a thing as a cheap quick read CO sensor to help in the adjustment?

I think to effectively set the AFM screw requires the use of both the voltage meter and the CO tester. Since the O2 meter is not stable at idle the tester will help in locating more accurate readings.

My apologies for rambling.

Should I just buy another AFM and leave the screw alone?

1986 Prussian Blue 911 Cabriolet
Old 07-19-2004, 03:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
Hey nice to hear from you but this here is the WATERPUMPER forum, 944/924/968, we dont like you 911 types. HAHAHAHA just kidding, I was always told to leave the AFM alone, and thats why I now have a MAF kit. anyway check this site out, its for the 944 setup but maybe it will help you out. http://frwilk.com/944dme/ Check out the AFM section, also for future tunning you may want to get a A/F ratio gauge, here is another link, theses guys have eveything you would need to tune your ride http://www.splitsec.com/ Good luck
Old 07-19-2004, 05:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: