Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

What does this switch do?

I've got a switch on my 1984 944 that I can't tell what it does. I doubt that it is a standard switch. Between the ashtray and stick there are 4 switches. From left to right they are 1) Power mirror selector 2)???????? 3) Power antenna 4) rear wiper. The middle two will only illuminate when the radio is on (non-stock radio). What could it be? I thought it might be an amp, but the radio still sounds like crap when I flip the switch. Is this an original switch? If not, what is normally there?
Old 07-29-2004, 11:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I've only got the mirror switch and the rear wiper switch (on my 85.0 ). My other ones are not connected.

Pop off the asstray and see if any wires are connected, and maybe a " Tug " will reveal the location of connected equipment.

Sounds like aftermarket addons at work..
Current Stable 944 83 Kalahari Beige manual rack, short 5th gear951 86 Guards Red, pristine TurboYou must not anger the Porsche Gods - you MUST leave one small item unrepaired, lest the Stuttgartians smite thine car with bad Ju-Ju-AF Juvat
Old 07-29-2004, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
That's the Bat-ray and the ejector seat.. BOTH Very rare options..

j/k... Definetly aftermarket add-ons, I suspect stereo/ amp etc.

88 924S Guards/ Black ~ 10 years as a Daily Driver and STILL SMILING!
87 NA Diamond Blue Metallic ~ Gone
Old 07-29-2004, 12:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
entertaining the idea

Garage
Sounds like after market add ons since yousay the illuminate. Got any pics of these? I have the rear wiper, and the mirror selector, with two dummy switches in the middle and none of them light up.

a well set-up 1983 Guards Red 944
Old 07-29-2004, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Garage
off the top of my head;

1) sideview mirror selector (left/right) for the power adjust
2) rear window wiper (on/off)
3) sunroof (up/down/remove)
4) power door lock (lock/unlock)
5) option
6) option

i think some (very, very few) models came with two additional switches for electrically heated seats (off/on for left/right).

that would fill up the 6 switch slots in that area.

all of the stock switches are shaped and look identical in size. if your switches are any different, they're aftermarket.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: