Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Doing Some Bodywork - Please Help!

Hey guys. I had a bit of a "slide under" collision and am now in the middle of doing repairs. I did a little hydro on a patch of water and ended up resting under the back side of a large beefed up Yukon. The darn thing didnt touch the bumper or damage any engine components but the tow hook support bar on the Yukon flattened my headlights back on themselves against the hood, made a mess of the hood which pierced my windshield on the corners and used my front nose panel as pizza doe while flicking the emblem on the windshield to make it hurt me even more. I've removed the useless hood, nose panel and headlights. Have new parts ordered and a good used hood purchased. I went ahead and removed the bumper / valance and all else in the way to clean everything up well.

My issue is the front fenders. There isntr that much damage to warrent the high cost and pain in the ars of replacing them so I'm leaving the on and opting to fix em up. The slightly curved "tips" the bolt onto the nose panel and well..crunched from when the nose panel was demolished. I'm going to use the new nose panel to determine where they need to line up and make contact. I'm thinking that I could use a little bondo to make it look new after hammering out the metal a bit. What do you think? Some guy told me I should add metal to it first like put a couple screws into it so the Bondo holds better. It doesnt seem like I'll be using that much Bondo to be concerned about it. Has anyone done fender repairs to that area before?

Thanks, as always for all your help guys (and girls).
Old 08-11-2004, 09:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Used & Abused

About the screws. Use a dent puller instead to get the dimples pulled out as much as possible. If the dent is deep enough to put screws in and still not be flush, use a dent puller.

"Oh Bother," said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: