Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Head Unit Install Questions???

I have an 88 944 with the Blaupunkt tape player. How do you install a different head unit without using that quick release slide in/out setup. Is there a mounting kit for other head units or do you also use that quick release setup?
Thanks, Pat
Old 08-11-2004, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to gearhead290
what quick release set up are you talking about?

I took my old head unit out, wired my new one to work, put that little sleeve that comes with it in the hole and bent the prongs to hold it in, and then I slid in the new head unit. It's really quite simple
Old 08-11-2004, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to scheistermeiste Send a message via Yahoo to scheistermeiste
im pretty sure that all new head units are made the way that gearhead said with little keys that allow you to slide the headunit in and out.

Asking if you should replace that timing belt is like asking if you should re-use a condom that may have in hole in it with a hooker.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
you can use 2 pieces of wire hangers, each bent in a U shape... works well to remove the radio..

BTW Brandsmart has the Blaupunkt Miami Beach radio discontinued for $98, regular price $269...

Bart
Old 08-12-2004, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: