Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to jakemu24
Fuse problems

I have a 85.5 944 and bought an in-dash sony CD player. Best Buy installed it and it works good but my left tail light and side marker wont work. I took it back to best buy and they fixed it by replaceing a fuse. One day later it wont work so I'm guessing the fuse blew again? I don't know which fuse it is, but will getting a higher amp fuse fix my problem? If not are there any other ways to keep my tail light from going out? The bulbs are good and the brake light, reverse light, and turn signal still work. I'm very confused please help. And it's ONLY the left tail light, what's up with that?

Jake
Old 08-25-2004, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Ok , I talked to Best Buy and we determined it has nothing to do with the radio. So why does my fuse keep blowing?
Old 08-25-2004, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

UUhhhhh,

Car worked fine when you brought it in ....now it doesn't.....not their fault?????

Don't think so.

They fooled with the grounds. Once of them is loose and is periodically wiggling free and surging your fuse.

DO NOT REPLACE FUSE WITH HIGHER AMPERAGE.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I would take it to a different best buy for a second opinion if you don't want to track it down yourself.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

are the wires that would be exposed when putting in a radio affiliated with the left tail light wires? In other words, would replaceing a radio expose tail light wires?
Old 08-25-2004, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Is isn't the exposure of the taillight wires, it is the place where the wires are grounded.

I suspect that they tapped the fuse box area for the power if you have an early...

What year is your car?

The early car radio wiring is kind of a mess and usually a little "rigging" has to be done if you are not familiar with this particular car.

If an amp was installed in the rear they may have used the rear ground that could cause a similar problem.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The car is a 1985.5 with no amp. They shouldn't have touched the fuse box because there was no need for extra power. They took the old one out and put the new one in. Besides the old one was prob 8 years old. It was a pioneer cassette player.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: