Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

front gears and stuff... please help

I need to remove all the front gears and replace the part shown in the pic... how do I get them off? when I turn the bolt the gears turn too.... I've gotten one off but I did it by wedging a wrench between a hex bit I put into the hole infront of the gear and 2 other bolts on the front, the others dont have this option... also after I get them off... where do which belts go? any help is appreciated

Old 10-21-2004, 06:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

pic

Old 10-21-2004, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
First you need to make sure you make all the timming marks. I made the mistake of not doing that in my frst rebuild and I had a balance shaft 180 out it took me 6 weeeks!!!!, 2 power steering pumps, 2 p/s tensioners and 2 oil pickups before I figured out I did the lower balance shaft wrong. Then I found palican and never did it agian. Eric you really need to find a repair manual most of these things you are asking can be found step by step with specs in a manual
Old 10-21-2004, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

see I dont even know what you mean by timming marks, I already took off one of the gears, does this mean I'm screwed? I hope not... this is all so discouraging..
Old 10-21-2004, 06:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to fast924S
There should be little marks or dimpels in the gears and on the engine and or rear timming cover, You need to line everything up to TDC and mark everything. but since it seems like you have already removed the Timing belts...... HAve you check out clarks gagrage or gotten a manual!!???? Listen Eric Dont get discourages The car will get done and anythinf and erverything is fixable, you just can rush a Porsche engine
Old 10-21-2004, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I've got the haynes, but its just as confusing as anything else... oh well, I just hope I can get it done before I move, thats why I'd rather pay someone for their help... but it seems I dont have enough money to get the help I need. someone told me it could be done in 5 hours but all the mechanics quote me at like 15.. and I know not to trust mechanics... but anyways, I'll try to get them off this weekend using needlenose plyers.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Yes Eric..... use 90 degree long handled needle nose pliers. Thats what I use.

www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 10-21-2004, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: