Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Chain reaction elec problem. Immobiliser?

So, I pull my radio out to look at it, but it's still hooked up. Break the electrical door lock button in the process...and car still runs but electrical door lock button is sunk down in the console a bit. Radio lite works except I dont' have the radio code to get it running so I've ordered a new radio rather than fool with it. In the meantime, the car had been starting and driving fine.

But today...I go out and it acts like it's got a dead battery. Won't start. No lights, no starter click, no nothing...however, the dash lights work, radio lite works, and the electrical door locks work. What could be wrong?

I checked the battery and connections...tight, clean, and battery is at full charge.

What might have I done? Activated some sort of car immobilizer?

Harvey
All because PO lost the code to the radio.
'02 Audi TT Turbo, 6 speed (Sold)
Old 01-01-2006, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: