Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

no injector pulse on a 944

I have a 1987 944 I'm getting fuel to the injection rail but no start and will start on starting fluid and I've replaced the dme and fuel pump where do I go from here
Old 01-05-2006, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
DME relay. Had you come here first we could have saved you the costs of the DME and fuel pump.

List of suspects: DME/fuel pump relay, speed and reference sensors, fuel pressure regulator.

This is how you test:

With the key on check for battery voltage (BV) at the coil and at one of the injectors.

No voltage at the coil = bad ignition switch.

No voltage at the injector but at the coil = bad DME relay.

If both are good proceed.

Lean out of the door with your head down and crank the car. You should hear the fuel pump running for a half second after the cranking stops. If not then check the fuel pump fuse and the DME/fuel pump relay.

If you can hear the pump proceed.

Pull the plug wire off of the front spark plug, stick a spare (used) plug in it, lay it on the intake and crank the car. If there is no spark then check your sensors for loose connectors or broken wires or adjustment.

If you have spark then pull one of the connectors off of one of the injectors and see if you can start and run the car on three cylinders. If you can then it's the fuel pressure regulator or the vacuum lines going to the regulator and damper.
New Users please add your car's year and model to your signature line!
Never break more than you fix!
Old 01-05-2006, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to ae1969
Definitely follow Socals advice rebel.

I am not sure how Socal manages to squeeze all the important elements into a few lines.

If I try and explain it........I just ramble on.......
www.edmontonrealestate.ws
Old 01-05-2006, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to bryanthompson Send a message via AIM to bryanthompson Send a message via Yahoo to bryanthompson
that's why he makes the big bucks, alex
Old 01-05-2006, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You say there is no injector pulse. Sounds like a problem with the reference sensor.
'88 CitroŽn 2CV
Old 01-05-2006, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: