Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

stupid wiper problem

It seems the catch that connects the motor to the linkage is stripped. I have tried tightening the nut (which is new) as well as putting some thread filler in there, which just gets rubbed off once I turn the motor on. It gets one revolution of operational wipers before it stops catching. The motor is new and the plastic spur looks like it's in good shape. I'm curious if anyone knows a quick fix for this, or maybe a commonly available replacement part. Otherwise I'll replace the whole linkage.

Works fine when pulled or turned by hand.

Old 06-17-2008, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Had this same problem on a 65 Dodge Dart, I tried many things and nothing worked.
I ended up just replacing it
Old 06-18-2008, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You're in luck. The wiper motor is really easy to replace on that car. The series 2 cars are a lot more difficult to replace.

We have a couple of those motors in stock.
We buy 944s and sell 944 parts (845-379-1944)
We rebuild torque tubes and instrument clusters for 944/968/928
Old 06-18-2008, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944 Ecology View Post
You're in luck. The wiper motor is really easy to replace on that car. The series 2 cars are a lot more difficult to replace.

We have a couple of those motors in stock.
The motor's not the problem though... Photobucket crapped out on my image. I just need that little metal connector from motor to linkage that's probably worth a buck at most. The motor is less than a year old, and runs strong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheRun2 View Post
Had this same problem on a 65 Dodge Dart, I tried many things and nothing worked.
I ended up just replacing it
My dad had one of those when I was a kid - I loved the pops and bangs it made going down the street, gushing plumes of smoke. What a mess that car was.

I'm on the hunt for a new linkage, I figured I'm not going to find the part I'm looking for on its own and would rather not hinder the operation what is otherwise a perfectly fine daily driver.

Last edited by PXJ800; 06-18-2008 at 03:52 PM..
Old 06-18-2008, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Probably only get that little link with the whole linkage, if at all. Check it out in the PET.
For a quick fix could always weld it or preferably drill a small hole (1/16-1/8) between both the motor shaft and linkage and pin it. Nut will hold it in place, but line it up correctly first though.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: