Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Problems with Alpine radio please help!!

I have an Alpine CDE-9852 and i have always had problems with it. and if i cant fix this problem im defenetly going to sell it and replace it. is anyone here a car radio expert?? cuz i have this problem. i just bought this its the KCE-236B which is a cable to the radio with a headphone jack at the other end. the reason i bought it is because i want to connect my radio to my iPod dock that i have in the car and it wont work through the KCE-422i which is the original Full Speed iPod cable for the radio. when i connect the iPod cable to the back of the dock it does nothing the radio just says "Searching" but wont do anything. so i got the headphone jack cable so i can connect it to the headphone jack slot on the dock. but now when i connect the cable to the radio i dont have the "Aux" source to select it. and ive looked all over to look for a solution but nothing comes up. ive tried going to the setup menu and looking for "Aux+" but i dont have that option, it doesnt come up. and i saw the description of the cable and it says that it works for my radio. can anyone tell me what im doing wrong please.
thanks.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Dude spaces, punctuation, and capitalization are your friend....

Did you try calling Alpine support?
Old 02-24-2010, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
no not yet. i want to c if anyone could help me online first. and if they cant then ill call. and then when all else fails im gonna get another one. cuz i really dont like the functions and how it works and how many time its been failing on me. the only real thing thats been keeping me back from replacing it is the looks of it i really really love the looks of it. and i cant find another one as good looking as this one for the price i got it for. all the ones that look this nice go over $300!! and i want to pay somthing in the hundreds. $200 at most. oh and i also want an Alpine.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Custom User Title

I cant even make it past the first 2 sentences.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Cogito Ergo Sum

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche4life View Post
Dude spaces, punctuation, and capitalization are your friend....

Did you try calling Alpine support?
Thats really your best bet....

But if you aren't happy with the alpine why buy another?

I ditched an alpine I wasn't happy and got a Blaupunkt that I LOVE....

Its more fit to the car anyways.....
Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
idk i just love the chrome look its got and the blue buttons
Old 02-24-2010, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
ok thats it!! i called Alpine and they said that mine wasnt compatable! Im selling Iit!! any body interested??
Old 02-24-2010, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
im putting it up for sale in the classifieds
Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
your average wrencher...

Garage
i bought a sony at wally-world just for the front input jack......like $100....try another (friend's) ipod? or anything else, even a cd player will work
1988 XJ 5in lift,long arms, 4.6 stroker, ax-15 w/ 35s
1995.5 Audi S6 Full RS2 bolt-ons, EFI tuned.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
i have i tried my friends iPhone and my other iPod
Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Attachment cables are confusing for most radios. Even the new radios sometimes dont detect the ipod because of the settings you have messed with on the ipod over time. Just Reset Reboot the ipod and the problem usualy is fixed. If you just want an affordable radio that will work great check out the JVC models they are allways priced great and have the same if not more features than the more expensive radios. CES just came and gone so the new 2010 radios are hitting the sales floor. Check out best buy and talk to a guy the install guys and ask what radios they haven't had any problems with to help you choose.
85 325e BMW T-boned R.I.P.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
In the beginning of your post you talk about a headphone jack, then later you call it an Aux port.
Although the plugs are the same they are two completely different things.

The model number you gave does not have an aux input, that's why you can't find it on the source list...

I would recommend a unit with an aux port on the front. Then you can just buy any generic aux cable and play anything with a headphone jack through your stereo. ( mp3 player, phone etc). I also like the aux over the Ipod cable because you can scroll through your Ipod instead of having to control it through the head unit.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Yes that another thing i dont lime about this radio. I hate the function that u HAVE TO browse ur songs through the radio.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: