Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
turned black bits white

Well got a little crazy with washing the car this morning washed the outside did the doors, bonnet and boot then got all crazy n did the underneath of the car....... there are some bits under there that are now shiney and I thought they where painted black..... also there is white parts that are actually bits of the body work that are now white.....
To be honest its not showroom spec but I started washing the car at 6am and finished at 1:30pm

Probably pay someone to do that next time.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Holy cow
Old 12-14-2012, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
pictures ?
my toys
Old 12-14-2012, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
If there wasn't that whole ocean thing in the way, I'd bring my car down for you to do it next.

This was probably posted from my phone, so please excuse any typos.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Pics are not that good took from my phone, still need work but its a start.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Wait... where does your battery go?! lol
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
http://www.gawerracing.com
Old 12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Andrew Gawers' Dad

In the back.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I hope that is not milkshake in the radiator overflow tank, Kinda yuckey looking. Oil and water mixing look like that.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 12-14-2012, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKS View Post
In the back.
wtf?
Watchdog Armory Racing AFM #725 Thanks to my 2017 Sponsors: JPH Suspension | AXO | Armour Bodies | BELL Helmets | Braven | EVLUTION Nutrition | Forcefield Armor | FunTrackDayz | Galfer | Motion Pro | MOTUL | Matrix Racing Concepts | ODI Grips | OGIO | Shorai Inc. | SPEEDMOB | Vortex | Woodcraft | Wicked Audio
Old 12-14-2012, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Didn't mean to steal your thread, just wanted to show Gaw your battery setup. Good work cleaning by the way.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Well, my mind is blown.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandad#3 View Post
I hope that is not milkshake in the radiator overflow tank, Kinda yuckey looking. Oil and water mixing look like that.

Cheers,
Larry
No milkshake mate, just ****ty and old got it from a spare car when I broke the other one thinking about getting the aluminium one from Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawernator View Post
Well, my mind is blown.
If that blows your mind finding out that we send our kids to school in the pouches of kangaroos will send you over the edge
Old 12-15-2012, 12:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

Didn't mean to steal your thread, just wanted to show Gaw your battery setup. Good work cleaning by the way.
All good bud your ride looks clean or freshly painted.... mine will get that way soon
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie944S View Post
If that blows your mind finding out that we send our kids to school in the pouches of kangaroos will send you over the edge
LOOOOOOOL
Old 12-15-2012, 12:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Andrew Gawers' Dad

Aussie, the car is not mine, I took the pics from rennlist, mine is a red one.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
gave me incentive, once my paint deal is done I will scrub my car under hood as well but It will take me days.
my toys
Old 12-15-2012, 03:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrboulder View Post
It's a RHD car. Theyre different in a lot of ways. I had a BMW that had the battery in the back as well. It sucked.
Why? No battery in the engine compartment seems like a good thing to me. It cleans up the engine bay and there's no battery to leak acid that can eat through the battery tray and let water leak onto the DME
Old 12-15-2012, 08:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunkerz View Post
Why? No battery in the engine compartment seems like a good thing to me. It cleans up the engine bay and there's no battery to leak acid that can eat through the battery tray and let water leak onto the DME
They put the bat in the back cause of how they needed to route the steering column. Its good only drama is that its a ***** to get to if it goes flat as the rear hatch is powered and you can't just pop it open with a key turn, you have to fold the seats down and climb in to the boot with a new battery and hook it all up or spend forever peeling the carpet back and manually activating the cable of solenoid.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Aussie, the car is not mine, I took the pics from rennlist, mine is a red one.
My apologies mate I shouldnt jump to conclusions

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan6272 View Post
gave me incentive, once my paint deal is done I will scrub my car under hood as well but It will take me days.
Be care full use a spray bottle of 50:50 car wash n water soft rags and a soft tip toothbrush also make sure you don't scrub off rust pertectants. Don't aim for complete transformation straight away cause you'll just destroy the paint underneath all the grime. Spray the 50:50 mix on the surface till it drips let it soak I usually wait about 10 - 15 mins then spray clean water with another spray bottle to rinse it and most of the crud falls off then with a bucket of car wash 20:80 carwash water rags I gently aggitate the leftovers and spray it down with the spray bottle of water. This gets the chunks off then all you need to do is repeatedly do this process until its fairly clean and then get a paint cleaner on it if you want it showroom quality.

Don't use degreasers wipe excess grease with cloths.

Clean your cloths/rags with a really good clothes washing stuff like nappy San and then fluff them with fabric softner and tumble dry, store them in a fabric bag for use.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
AFM #725

Garage
You don't have a kangaroo to help clean?
Old 12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: