Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Dome light dims when door shuts

I have an 85.5 944 with a three way dome light (off, on, on when door is open). Since I have owned this car for 5 months now, this has been a problem. I had forgotten about it since I didn't drive it much over the Winter, but now am using as a DD.

With the dome light switch in position to come on when the door opens, it is dim and about half as bright as when the door actually opens. Both the "off" position, and the "on" position of the light fixture work flawlessly, so what could this be, a grounding issue ?
Old 03-29-2013, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
try the door switches. pull them out and have a look. Mine looked fine but i tried swapping them with spare ones and one of my original ones must have been bad as my alarm started working properly again.

when my interior light for the door switches wasnt working, when i armed the alarm it thought I had a car door still open. it was great to finally sort it, my alarm turns on the interior lights and as I start the car it dims to 'off'- A feature I had missed.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
oh, i remember now. one of my door switches had fallen to pieces and one looked good. i replaced the busted one with a new one from pelican but still had the same fault. replaced the good-looking one with a spare and it started working!
Old 03-29-2013, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Tommorow, I will try pulling both door switches to check for obvious problems, otherwise, it sounds like a couple of replacements are in order.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: