Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via ICQ to UrbanFuturistic
Engine problems

Okay fellas, heres the deal. Im having an engine problem and figured Id post here in hopes someone might be able to shed some light.

The problem is this. When driving the car I usually shift at about 2500 to 3000 rpms in every gear. Well, it has come to be that the shift from first to second is flawless. But when accelerating in second to get to the next shift point it hits about 2000 rpms and the car starts to buck horribly. Okay, now what. Well I park the car and rev it up to see if it does it in neutral. It does not do it in neutral, at 2000. Instead it does it at 4000. Its almost like its hitting a rev limiter, but last time I checked that isnt til 6500. It just goes back and forth between 3k and 4k. Anyhow, anyone got any ideas?

Oh, almost forgot...Car is:
1985.5 944
N/A 2.5L inline 4
completely stock.

Formula Atlantic 11k RPM 20V 4AG powered Toyota AE86 Corolla GT-S hatchback -- an "Exercise In Excess"

Last edited by UrbanFuturistic; 09-14-2002 at 10:39 AM..
Old 09-14-2002, 10:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Do you think your car is missing some serious power?, i.e. does it do less then 9s for 0-60 and can do 130mph easily?
If so do an engine compression test. This will give you some clues. Does your car idle perfectly? You probably need to answer some of this questions before proceeding in finding the problem with your engine.
Old 09-14-2002, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: