Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 924/944/968 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Combo switch problem......maybe?

So about 8 months ago, my cruise control stopped working. I replaced the module under the left drivers side of dash but still didn't work. Oh well....

Now last night on my way home, the turn signals and bright lights stopped working!

Checked all fuses, the emergency flashers DO work, and brights will come on only if I pull the stalk back (as you would to flash your lights to pass or something). The brights do not work when you move stalk to the correct position thought.

So my though is the combination switches are bad. Unless someone thinks it might be something else?
Old 04-22-2017, 03:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
944 S2

I wonder the same thing with my cruise control. Is the combo switch a common problem?
Old 04-22-2017, 06:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

You can test the combo switch at the connector for the cruise control module near the clutch pedal.

A failing cruise control is usually the module, not the switch.

A failing turn signal and high beams might be the multi switch, but might be other things. Get a wiring diagram and see what is causing the high beams problem.

As for the turn signal, I don't see them used much any more, so optional to fix...
We buy 944s and sell 944 parts (845-379-1944)
We rebuild torque tubes and instrument clusters for 944/968/928
Old 04-22-2017, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: