Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porschy Trashy

The Ugly Duckling

Hello There,

I am new on this forum, Since I am living in England, I only had European cars beside a 05 Mustang V8 GT during 2 years.

I joined this forum as I already found a lot of informations about my Porsche 928 s2 (only a RHD version as it S or S4 normally in Europe) 1984, barn Find.

She has 4k of bills included radiator from 15 years ago, cambelt and a lot of thing that I will detail later on.
She didn't start when I bought her, but was running in 2005 before she was kept in the barn.

I've already started it by "cheating": Inserting some petrol in each cylinder from the sparks holes, plug everything back, my cousin push the engine starter relay and I put the ignition on with my foot playing with the accelerator pedal.

So I know she will start and run one day!!!

Before telling me any solutions or thoughts, I will post a list on everything I have done on her already. But now I am struggling with ECU and/or LH Injection and the "starter interlock backup light switch" of "N" or "P" position from the Automatic gearbox is not connected nor dead.

First, Where this sensor is located on the car? (underneath I guess as I didn't find it close to the lever, but under where exactly?).
Second: What could be common fault on LH injection box?

Because when I disconnect the ECU, and turn the key everything works as it should (fuel pump activation, the starter relay "clicked" as the ground from the gearbox switch is not "on". This starter relay is linked as if we "pushed" the relay, starter launch.

Things done:
All car Grounds cleaned and checked,
relays/fuse changed,
gremlins from fuse panel melt and cleaned ,
connection from injectors to LH and ECU checked.
Fuel filter changed,
fuel railed checked (petrol is coming until here, got the feeling that order to open injectors is not there),
injectors had a check and a clean with new rubber hoses.
spark plugs,
rotor arms,
distributors caps (x2 as a S2 version) changed,
new air filter.
Cleaned any connexions like the 14 pins under the hood (Bonnet in uk english )
New battery of course
and I fixed the small yellow wire 50'(?) which allows the ignition to work as it was cut just before the pin.

I am not a professional, but I had many cars with many break downs so I roughly understand how a car is working. Yes I rebuild 3 engines from my own vehicules ( a subaru impreza (sold since then), a Renault super 5 GTT and a R5 Turbo2 (I still got them) it is more a lego game than surgery knowledge

I can help if someone got a RHD on this forum. The ground diagram is partially reversed ( yes I had removed panels for nothing..) I could detail exactly which ones.

Thank you very much for your future help, Cheers!

Ps: I've named this thread this way as I am sure my 928s2 will be gorgeous when running up!

Old 09-03-2018, 12:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
i believe the starter interlock is on the left side of the transmission - not sure if the switch is normally open or closed
Old 09-08-2018, 03:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by honerboys View Post
i believe the starter interlock is on the left side of the transmission
Correct. Maybe it is just unplugged? The connector twists to lock IIRC.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 09-09-2018, 09:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: