Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 928 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Rear deck lid will not open!

Hello folks,

My rear deck lid will not open. Its been a while since I have worked on the girl and
I closed the lid yesterday, She will not open up know. I tried using the key manually, no go! The pull up switch by the driver seat, no go. The damn lock button and combination of all 3, no go. Anybody have a clue. I may next try crawling back there, remove the tool kit panel and try to figure how to release. Any ideas I have several other issues kicking my A--, but one at a time.
Regards p930man

Last edited by p930man; 12-09-2017 at 06:52 PM.. Reason: want to add a pic
Old 12-09-2017, 06:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Post your question on Rennlist they have a average of over 200 viewing at any time. Try a Google search also.
Old 12-10-2017, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

p930man,

When you use the remote pull up switch, does the motor cycle?

It sounds like your latch is mis-adjusted (Well, Duh. Right? ) The motor for the rear hatch latch cycles a lever arm that pulls a lip that the white plastic piece on the upper latch hangs on when adjusted properly. The lever pulls that lip free of the plastic piece during normal operation. The white plastic piece must be hanging up on some other piece of the latch, but if you can have someone cycle the motor while you are pulling up on the rear hatch, you should be able to break it free, if you pull up at the correct interval time.
Indishrot 1984 Euro S AT (The Stepson)
Black Metallic 1984 Euro S 5 speed (The Schwartz)
Old 12-11-2017, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
hey p30man - if none of the above work you will have to crawl back there - the motor pushes a rod up into the lock assembly as stated above - that rod can be disconnected from the motor and pushed up manually - the motor assembly can be adjusted with the screws in slots to make it push up farther - also try pushing the rear lid down first, before and while, trying the key and motor - sounds crazy i know but sometimes there's too much upward pressure on that white plastic piece for it to move
Old 12-16-2017, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks guys, it was in a bind. Probably miss aligned. Damn, I got it open and forgot to get back to you guys. I'm a chicken **** too close it all the way. Cowards never prosper but they live to be a coward another day. lol
Old 02-03-2018, 10:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: