Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Floor pan measuring points. Suspected frame damage

Hi. I suspect my frame is slightly tweaked. I am wondering if anyone has the picture below with the actual measurements so I can compare it to my 964 and see if my frame is out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-23-2020, 06:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The specs are all in the factory workshop manual, along with quite a few others. Do you have it? What makes you think the tub isn't square?
Old 01-29-2020, 06:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I lowered my car to rs spec and did an alignment with rs spec. The left side caster adjustment had to be considerably more on the drivers side to achieve the same caster number. There is way less gap between the front of the tire and the bumper/fender on that side. I have done the bumper fender modification but when driving hard I still get rubbing on the driver side only. I am going to take it to a frame shop eventually. I just wanted to get an idea before I go if it is out. The gap in the fender/bumper area is about 1/4 different from driver to passenger side. They both have exact same caster spec and identical ride height. I am second or third owner of the car. It has a clean history but who knows what went on before I owned it.

I do not have the full workshop manual.

Old 02-01-2020, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Front 165 mm Rear 258 mm +- 5 mm factory setting C2/C4 Euro.
If you expect damage to the body to the extennt that it would effekt suspension set up wouldnt diagonal front to rear measurements from the measuring points then compared with each other be more informative?
Are you happy w how the car drives?

Last edited by Paperboy; 02-02-2020 at 04:29 AM..
Old 02-02-2020, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I did measure it diagonally it seemed to measure the same. but I did not use a plumb Bob so it wasnít super accurate. Car drives perfect. Itís just the tire rubbing on the drivers side front that is the issue. I run 225 in the front with a 52 offset. But still with the same caster on driver and passenger side the gap between the tire and fender should be the same I would think if everything is straight. Its a tight fit as it is. The difference from driver to passenger is very small but enough to cause the rub.

Old 02-02-2020, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: