Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 964 & 993 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Unhappy 964 front end damage

I've got a 964 shell with some front end damage. Not bumper/body damage, but a bit of the actual front wall of the trunk is dented in.

Does anyone know the procedures for getting something like this repaired? I'm basically trying to figure out my options on getting this thing back on the road. I know the worst case is the entire front half of the car gets replaced, but the damage in this case seems limited to just the bottom edge of that front panel, the rest of the front end seems straight as best I can tell. I'm not sure if it's feasible to just reshape the dented areas, or if welding in just the front wall is something that can be done.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Wondering if you ever moved forward with a repair? If so, what did you do and what was the result. I have a similar situation and have found a couple of options for repair that seem to vary greatly in complexity and expense.

Any insight appreciated.
Old 10-31-2016, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

If you must have it perfect, then this.

9m restoration of "Kermit" (1990 Championship winning 964 Trophy Cup) - Rennlist Discussion Forums

9m restoration of "Kermit" (1990 Championship winning 964 Trophy Cup) - Page 4 - Rennlist Discussion Forums

Or you can bang it out and see if it's acceptable. Maybe find someone good at massaging metal. That area really is not visible unless you're in there removing parts, emptying the trunk, looking for it.
Old 11-02-2016, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

If your still looking for advice this area is not visually apparent from outside or inside so a good sized two by four or four by four and 2 lb hammer will suffice ...
R 2.5 Twin Plug
Old 11-30-2016, 10:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
964 , damage , front end , trunk wall