Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

schwaben scan tool problem?

I recently went for the Schwaben scan tool so my later model 911 and Boxster/Cayman friends and I could clear our oil change reminders and service messages, but from what I can see so far, the only useful thing this tool does is read and clear diagnostic codes the same as my generic OBDII code reader.

I had high hopes, but I'm disappointed so far. Any success stories out there? I have connected to my 987 and also a friends 987, with the same "no connection" results so far. Is there a trick I'm missing?
Old 07-05-2018, 12:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You may want to check the water cooled forums (996/997/991...). this is for the first gen Air cooled cars. we don't have OBD.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

The Schwaben is a good tool, but has many, many sub-menus. Perhaps it is buried under one of those? I have the Foxwell NT510 (same as Schwaben) for my BMW and I have seen the oil reset menu while working on my X5. That said, I have the POR II for my water cooled Porsches and it is a much easier use, and also resets the oil and other service reminders.
14 535i M Sport
Old 07-05-2018, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Not sure if this will help, but here is a sheet of all the functions of the Schwaben tool for the Porsche.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/images/boutique/porschescantoolfunctions.pdf
Old 07-05-2018, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

The listing of scan tool functions shows the ability to reset service intervals on my 987 in the instrument cluster, but when I hook up to the OBDII port, it shows about everything except the IC. Most other controllers show up and I seem to have access to read and maybe change a few things if I want.

I know this is a 911 forum and I'm trying to read a 987, but has anyone else tried this new tool with success on any water cooled car? I hope to try the same things on a 996 or 997 as soon as I can get with some friends.
Old 07-09-2018, 05:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioRick View Post
The listing of scan tool functions shows the ability to reset service intervals on my 987 in the instrument cluster, but when I hook up to the OBDII port, it shows about everything except the IC. Most other controllers show up and I seem to have access to read and maybe change a few things if I want.

I know this is a 911 forum and I'm trying to read a 987, but has anyone else tried this new tool with success on any water cooled car? I hope to try the same things on a 996 or 997 as soon as I can get with some friends.
I just successfully reset the service indicator on my 997.2 GT3 with the Schwaben tool,I just scrolled around in the menu until I found the reset part hit it and checked the service indicator on the dash settings and it had been reset to 365 days
Old 08-05-2018, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Me,too

Hi,
I just posted a (new post)regarding the Shwaben scan tool, as I ordered it today but then read reviews that it would not re-set the Oil Service Reminder.

I am in the process of trying to cancel the order, as Pelican lists it as "non-returnable",
but still have hopes of maybe re-ordering it.

One poster here has had success resetting their reminder but that was with a 997.2.

I have a 2008 C2S Cab (3.8 engine), an earlier 997. Anyone have success with a 997 regarding this?

2 reviewers on the Pelican site reviews for this tool claim that it will NOT re-set the Oil Service reminder (as well as requiring downloading ZIP file(s) from China to register and update).

Kind of iffy to open a zip file these days from an unverified source...
Anyone here done
that?

Any help to: porker999@gmail.com will be faster---thanks to all!
Old 08-26-2018, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: