Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 996/997/991 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Possible IMS Simple Solution ? Cheap 911's

Hey guys,

I was yapping with my mechanic the other day and I know the IMS talk has been worked over MANY times and there are some solutions, but he also had some thoughts on these engines and what a simple fix could have resulted in.

Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/QkoJQVoq7sY

TURBO = Free Power
Old 02-24-2018, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry S View Post
Hey guys,

I was yapping with my mechanic the other day and I know the IMS talk has been worked over MANY times and there are some solutions, but he also had some thoughts on these engines and what a simple fix could have resulted in.

Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/QkoJQVoq7sY
An over simplification on multiple points. First, removing the rear bearing seal only will extend the life of the bearing, removing both seals will result in flooding the IMS shaft with oil, which can lead to other problems.

While the original style steel bearing has pretty decent performance, replacing it with a ceramic hybrid style adds considerable life expectancy when compared to the steel. Personally, if I were jumping for new LN liners, there would also be an IMS Solution bearing in the engine rather than any ball bearing. Known for their unmatched life expectancies, the permanent IMS Solution totally eliminates any IMS bearing concerns now and for the life of the engine.
Old 02-24-2018, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: