Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche Cayenne & Macan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

2010 Cayenne airbag fault 1738???

Hello,

My Cayenne had the airbag dash warning light come on a few days ago. I scanned and got the code 1738 which said driver side airbag. Can anyone tell me where I should start troubleshooting? Is it something something specific? Is it the sensor under the seat or under the hood? Also I am not sure if the fault is still active or the warning light is just on since the center display does not say anything about the airbag when I start the engine. The warning light is just on.

Old 09-10-2020, 09:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

When you say "airbag dash warning light". Do you mean the stand alone dash light that means the passenger air bag is off. If so then the sensor under the seat is probably bad. The local Porsche dealership told me that the sensor is part of the seat base and they had to replace the whole seat base, which did nothing. Then the dealership said that they had to re-calibrate the new sensor. The light should normally come on when the the sensor is activated between 15 and 35 pounds. That fixed that light. If you mean the dash icon itself then it gets more complicated. It could be the air bag, The dealership said I had to get a new airbag. I finally did and that did nothing. Then it was diagnosed as the connector on the under dash wiring harness. They rebuilt the connector and that did nothing. The connector is not a stand alone item, it only comes as part of the wiring harness. They cannot hard wire a new connector in because of liability concerns. Tried for several months to find a workable used harness. Everybody sent the wrong part. The dealership called me and I was told that they ordered a new under dash harness. They are big money and I was all ready thousands of dollars into this. The dealership said "no problem" and Porsche was picking up the bill. That fixed it! 2008 Porsche Cayenne S.

Old 09-11-2020, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: