Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche Cayenne & Macan Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
New 09 Cayenne S owner

I replaced my old beaten daily driver today. I picked up an '09 S with 120,000 miles. Price and timing were right for me. It is in excellent condition. Everything is clean and well cared for. I can see getting many years of service from this machine. Some thoughts:

The proximity sensors annoy the hell out of me! Owner's manual says the dealership can adjust it (the volume). Can I make the adjustment if I get the Porsche diagnostic computer? I have a Boxster as well, so I could justify a couple hundred bucks if it helps with both cars.

Damn fine placement of the panic button on the fob! (Not) I've bumped it a few times already.

Outside of normal service, are there any recommendations for things to watch for? Like I said, it's in tip-top condition. But who knows what lurks out there.

Outside of cursing the stereo and the prox sensors, I can't gripe. It's so awesome to have a powerful daily with good handling...and looks to boot!
Old 11-04-2017, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Hi and congrats! I picked up a 2010 GTS last year and I love it...especially for a dd! You may want to get a key cover/case for the fob to avoid the panic button. Your nieghbors will thank you too
Old 11-05-2017, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbus View Post
Hi and congrats! I picked up a 2010 GTS last year and I love it...especially for a dd! You may want to get a key cover/case for the fob to avoid the panic button. Your nieghbors will thank you too
Thanks, I'll have to look into a new fob case.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Congrats.

Best vehicle I have ever owned by far and now 185,000 miles. The drive shafts go on these vehicles but you can buy rebuilt units from Vertex in FL, they also offer a box that sits over shaft but I prefer the rebuilt unit. This has happened to me twice.

The brakes and tires go quickly as the Cayenne is a super heavy vehicle obviously.

I also had a cracked cam shaft that revved engine idle up and down but my mechanic was able to fix for less than $1,000 and the AC/heater blower went on me but generally an easy car to maintain.

Regards, Matt

68 911 Sunroof Coupe - Sold
89 911 25th Anniversary Model Coupe
Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf65 View Post
Congrats.

Best vehicle I have ever owned by far and now 185,000 miles. The drive shafts go on these vehicles but you can buy rebuilt units from Vertex in FL, they also offer a box that sits over shaft but I prefer the rebuilt unit. This has happened to me twice.

The brakes and tires go quickly as the Cayenne is a super heavy vehicle obviously.

I also had a cracked cam shaft that revved engine idle up and down but my mechanic was able to fix for less than $1,000 and the AC/heater blower went on me but generally an easy car to maintain.

Regards, Matt

Thanks for the heads up on those items. I do my own maintenance, so it's good to know what to watch for. If working on it is half as easy as my Boxster, I'll be a happy guy. I already have brakes on my project list for when that time comes, but they are still in good shape. I REALLY like this car. It's a great daily driver.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Porsche Wheels

No photos?

I've heard here before if you don't post them up then you didn't really buy it...

928 Sitting pretty
987 Boxster S
Old 11-28-2017, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics View Post
No photos?

I've heard here before if you don't post them up then you didn't really buy it...

If you insist...

She may look like every other Cayenne out there...but she's MY Cayenne! Love this thing. I don't have any interior shots, but it's as clean on the inside as they get. I dropped in some Weathertech floor mats to protect it during the winter. I have one piece of exterior trim to replace, and it's nothing but basic care and feeding after that. She's got a fresh fill of Mobil 1 and runs like a top. Two downsides: the ultrasonic sensors annoy me, and I can't hook up my iPod.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: