Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Crest The Pad Keeper (Shout Out)

I recently purchased a very nice 1988 Carrera 3.2 coupe. Overall, the vehicle is in excellent condition inside and out. The one area that was sad was the sound pad between the back seats and the engine compartment.

A friend of mine who owns a 993 told me about a product from David Etter (Littleton, CO) called "The Pad Keeper" or the "911 Pad Keeper." I looked at my friend's car's before and after pictures and the difference was great so I ordered one for my baby. The price is $166.55 (depending upon shipping costs). Before you balk at it, remember, this is for your Porsche 911, not some clunker.

Mr. Etter replied to my purchase order immediately and shipped my order the same day. I received the product in 2 days and upon starting to install it, I had a question about the AC hose clearance.

Mr. Etter called me personally and talked me through my questions. In 30 minutes, my Pad Keeper was installed. Now to say I'm mechanically challenged is an understatement. I spend my days in front of a computer and I hardly own any tools. The Pad Keeper really is easy to install.

As for the quality and results, look at my before and after pictures and you be the judge.

Old 09-18-2015, 05:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Wow..I really like this. What is the material?
Old 09-18-2015, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It's Made of .094" ABS Plastic........
Old 09-19-2015, 10:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Looks great. Would try order one soon.
Old 09-21-2015, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
This went over your existing pad, or did it come with a new pad, as well as the cover?
Old 09-22-2015, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

The Pad Keeper simply lifts and covers the Existing Foam Pad back into position. New Pad Not needed.......
Old 09-23-2015, 06:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like a good idea. Are the bent tabs in the back all that holds it up? what is holding the plastic up near the bulk head to the passenger compartment?
72 T met gold 92 K miles MI
70 TVR Vixen, 74 TVR M2500
Old 09-23-2015, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Jeff,

Yes to answer your question, The metal Tabs are bent back up into a second opening, Locking the Pad Keeper into position. It extends nearly 10" front to back...... And between the Hinges.....

If you would like more detailed information on the Pad Keeper Line for Air cooled 911's, just let me know...

David Etter
Old 09-23-2015, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD-BDY View Post
Jeff,

Yes to answer your question, The metal Tabs are bent back up into a second opening, Locking the Pad Keeper into position. It extends nearly 10" front to back...... And between the Hinges.....

If you would like more detailed information on the Pad Keeper Line for Air cooled 911's, just let me know...

David Etter
Hi David, I've just seen a car in Sydney with your Pad Keeper fitted, it was very impressive. How does one go about ordering one? Regards Chris Hartwell.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisHart View Post
Hi David, I've just seen a car in Sydney with your Pad Keeper fitted, it was very impressive. How does one go about ordering one? Regards Chris Hartwell.
Dude this thread is more than four years old - going on five.
Old 03-05-2019, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
devalued member

Location: Mumbai West, Silicon Valley Ca but headed to the foothills soon
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
Dude this thread is more than four years old - going on five.

why in the MPD forum no less?
Old 03-05-2019, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

doesn't look like Dave (WYD-BDY/padkeeper maker) has been on pelican for a while, but found this website with both a link to a facebook page (with recent posts) and an email address for Dave. The Pad Keeper

this should help the reviver of this thread get what he's looking for
Old 03-05-2019, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

I bought a genuine Porsche engine bay pad about 10 years ago, and within a year the POS started falling apart. Really lame that Porsche makes so many shiit parts now, but hey, at least they charge a lot for them!
Old 03-05-2019, 11:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
the pad keeper