Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Value for non-running 1973 911t

Came across a local ad for a numbers matching 1973 911t that has not run in 10 years. 70k miles. Looks stock. Engine turns freely. Body looks solid except for battery tray corrosion. Looking to get it to driver quality. Thoughts on value appreciated.

Old 02-27-2017, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

2017 Cayenne Hybrid
Old 02-27-2017, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Home of the Whopper

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhs15 View Post
Came across a local ad for a numbers matching 1973 911t that has not run in 10 years. 70k miles. Looks stock. Engine turns freely. Body looks solid except for battery tray corrosion. Looking to get it to driver quality. Thoughts on value appreciated.
Shoulda never said local ad. Now every flipper is scanning MD ads looking for that car.
Old 02-27-2017, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Make sure you see the car in person, there's a lot of bait and switch ads going on right now.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Thanks for the input. Looks like he wants more than 25k. I was thinking 40s. The front pan work scares me.

1973 Porsche 911 T Coupe 2-Door | eBay
Old 02-28-2017, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
That was my Wife's car and was just sold before Christmas 2016 . I still have the c of A.
Funny she titled it in MD in 1993 with 136K car was brought from California and was very solid with all original body but we took off road because it needed the pan. Sold with 166K... hmm at half ask.
Buyer claimed to not be a flipper...
B
Old 03-05-2017, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisboats View Post
That was my Wife's car and was just sold before Christmas 2016 . I still have the c of A.
Funny she titled it in MD in 1993 with 136K car was brought from California and was very solid with all original body but we took off road because it needed the pan. Sold with 166K... hmm at half ask.
B
Where did you have it advertised? I don't remember seeing it for sale?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
It was on Craigslist for one day , was looking for a quick sale as I had a deal on a real records verified 76k mile 928 S-4 that I gave my wife for Christmas.
I don't mind someone making $$ but the miles thing is fraud. My Wife loved that car when she was in her 20's but now the GT 928 suits her fine.
B
Old 03-05-2017, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

I'm Richmond VA and I believe I emailed about that car. Amazing the increase in value over a couple of years! I'd call them out on the mileage, that's not right.
Old 03-05-2017, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Amateur

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brisboats View Post
B
Welcome back

Too bad you didn't post it here first ! Car looks great for a 10 yr old "barn find".

Old 03-05-2017, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Unbelievable. Glad I didn't waste my time to go check it out.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhs15 View Post
Unbelievable. Glad I didn't waste my time to go check it out.
Believe it. It's the law of the land now - the rich get richer, and the flippers keep on flipping.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I knew the guy was a flipper, even though he told me he was going to do a complete restoration. No problem I priced the car fairly based on my experience here and it sold it very quickly. I advertised it honestly and believe that it was sold properly. To see it advertised with 1/2 the miles we sold it for and twice the price , is well more than disappointing.
The car is a very, very nice example, numbers do match the C of A and the garage it was stored in was climate controlled however the seats were chewed on by mice. Headlight buckets had slight rust, heater boxes were gone and replaced with stainless steel headers.
No sour grapes here we have moved on just informing the enthusiast here always do your due diligence. My Wife immediately titled this car in 1993 when I gave it to her and miles were over the mechanical limits my old memory says 136k then. She insured and drove the car until I told her we needed to address the front suspension. Subsequently, a Few years went by the kids came and as the car sat I decided to do an RSR replica anyway... I may sell my 76 3.0 liter hotrod soon just won't be to this guy.
B
Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

LOL...who here "bought" this car then left this negative feedback on his account?

"Car has 166k miles on it, not 70k. See post on Pelican Marketplace forum."

Old 03-06-2017, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: