Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

part out-rebuild or other option? +Values

Long story shorter-- sealed auction for a 1977 targa. from long term indoor storage 15+ years, non running partially disassembled engine. Most parts look to be included. Otherwise a complete car. Not rusty, solid car. matching # engine and body panels. fair paint, fair to good interior. NO TITLE. Everybody like to make money but we all like Porsches also. What is a good bid $? So many unknowns and no title. Not Porsches finest years either, but it is still a Porsche 911.

looking for your thoughts
Old 09-13-2017, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
$10000 assuming you're looking for a project like this or are in the parts business
Old 09-13-2017, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

No title? Then selling the tub is out of the question. Selling the doors, lids, fenders will net you around $3K maybe. A disassembled 2.7? Worth not much, maybe $2K with all the parts including CIS and fan.

I wouldn't pay more than $7K, and then you gotta sell it all, strip it all, box it all, and then count your return, which won't be much.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Can you get a title?
Old 09-13-2017, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

In some states like CT there is no title for old cars. They are sold on a bill of sale and registration.

2004 996TT w/X50
1974 911 Targa
Old 09-13-2017, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Brooklyn View Post
In some states like CT there is no title for old cars. They are sold on a bill of sale and registration.
I bought a 77 911S from Connecticut couple of months ago, it did have an OLD TITLE that wasn't even in the current owners name- so it was just there as an extra, all that mattered was the registration.

That being said, they are mid years but values have been going up on mid years the past few months more than SC's .. if you get it for 10-12k i think you would still be good - i just sold a 75 targa mid year with seized engine for 22k
Old 09-13-2017, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Thanks for thoughts. I am not sure if I can get a title, that of course would be my first avenue, but the situation isn't quite clear as of yet so I was looking for the worse case scenario
Old 09-15-2017, 03:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: