Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 4- Classified Ads > Porsche Marketplace Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
PCA Tech Session at John Esposito's

https://www.pcalosangeles.com/schedule-events

Tech Session: Restoration Details

Join us as the experts at John Esposito’s Porsche Repair guide you through paint: new formulations, detailing, polishing, clay bar and other paint treatments. Stick around after the session for a delicious Barbecue

Address: John Esposito's Porsche Repair is located at 7360 Varna Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91605

Cost $15.00
Old 11-06-2017, 02:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Lol!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Wonder if there will be a class on the "icing a cake" technique for applying body filler?!?!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Learn how John Esposito's Porsche Repair does this !

$53k body work or $73k body work? You decide

Old 11-06-2017, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
possible date change to the 18th. check the PCA LA website for details.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I see pitchforks and torches. This is ill-timed.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Bbq & bs

I will book a plane ticket for this event when the real date is announced.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

this should be interesting - would love to see the sparks fly at this event.

is the car with all the bondo still sitting in the lot? Wonder how they explain that
Old 11-07-2017, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
whomever goes, perhaps I will, needs to ask to see this car. It will obviously be the elephant in the room. I'm wondering what someone like myself would have thought about the works in progress at his shop without 67's revelation? I'm still perplexed as to whether everyone else is just that dumb/gullible/ill-experienced and/or things just rapidly declined this year in that shop
Old 11-07-2017, 11:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Yep, the king of starting you at $40k and milking it from there. I have seen some nice cars that he has done. But like everything else, they get too greedy
Old 11-07-2017, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Saturday, November 18

Tech Session: Restoration Details

Join us for an in-depth tour of a Porsche Restoration Shop with information provided about each stage the vehicle goes through during a restoration and how a classic Porsche ultimately returns to its original glory. Led by a leading industry expert, John Esposito, attendees will be given insight into the exciting world of Porsche Classics from 356 to 911 and beyond. Q&A, as well as samples of vehicles in each stage of repair, will be available for PCA members during the event.

Additional refreshments available throughout, along with window decal souvenir to take home! Parking is limited; street parking also available. Restrooms available on site.

Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m

Address: John Esposito's Porsche Repair is located at 7360 Varna Ave, North Hollywood, CA 91605

Old 11-07-2017, 05:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I can't believe they charge for a tech session? Ours are always free and informative.

We have one at my friends shop and one year we showed a poor restoration that you want to run from. Interestingly the car was pulled from this shop and the owner was treated so poorly it was disgraceful the work done shameful and the price charged ludicrous.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
I can't believe they charge for a tech session? Ours are always free and informative.

We have one at my friends shop and one year we showed a poor restoration that you want to run from. Interestingly the car was pulled from this shop and the owner was treated so poorly it was disgraceful the work done shameful and the price charged ludicrous.
Are you referring to John Esposito's shop?
Old 11-16-2017, 12:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
Question Seriously?

Why is Pelican entertaining a bash session against John Esposito? This is completely not cool.

The true story: John's pathological customer Chad wouldn't pay him to completely reconstruct a car that was supposedly some famous race car, when it's in fact it is a nothing sandwich. This Chad guy is a complete idiot and a jerk and he's trying to demonize and cast John, as something he's not, to cover for his foolish moronic purchase.

Pelican get your act together and don't host this sort of nonsense. Please delete all those inane derogatory comments. This is not the place for that BS. It's not like your platform is twitter. It's a place to support the Porsche community not host the defamation of character of of the very skilled owner of an excellent shop.

For those people out there who don't like body filler, don't involve yourself in the restoration of old cars, cause it comes with the territory.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leety View Post
Why is Pelican entertaining a bash session against John Esposito? This is completely not cool.

The true story: John's pathological customer Chad wouldn't pay him to completely reconstruct a car that was supposedly some famous race car, when it's in fact it is a nothing sandwich. This Chad guy is a complete idiot and a jerk and he's trying to demonize and cast John, as something he's not, to cover for his foolish moronic purchase.

Pelican get your act together and don't host this sort of nonsense. Please delete all those inane derogatory comments. This is not the place for that BS. It's not like your platform is twitter. It's a place to support the Porsche community not host the defamation of character of of the very skilled owner of an excellent shop.

For those people out there who don't like body filler, don't involve yourself in the restoration of old cars, cause it comes with the territory.
Are you John Esposito

Only reproduction 3.6 cases on the planet, coming soon www.taorminaracingdesigns.com
Old 11-18-2017, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
CPT KAOS

Garage
I have no dog in this fight, but seriously Leety (with two posts)????Bondo is a necessary and welcome tool to smooth and even out a car and should be done as a skim coat. It is not designed to be a structural mud that you sculpt cars from. I don't care what shape that car was in when John got it, for the dollars that Chad has in it, it should be done and pretty nicely so...The shear DEPTH of the bondo all over that car is just appalling, and there is no way to justify it, other than shoddy workmanship. The welding looks like my first day welding. I know John has done some amazing work in the past, but this is some ugly stuff, plain and simple..Even if Chad is a lying toolbox, he wrote some serious checks, and absolutely did not get anywhere near the value..
Erik- RGruppe #743
1980 SportsPurpose 911SC "CPT KAOS"
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/889856-my-new-911sc-journey-get.html
Old 11-18-2017, 05:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

lol, 2 posts and this is what you have to say? come on now! The other thread gave ample chance & benefit of a doubt to the shop to state their case & still nothing was cleared up, therefore i wouldn't buy a stick of gum from this shop..you probably caused the owner of the car many sleepless nights & agony with what you did to him...

The shop may have been a great shop at one time, however it seems they went dark side & milking all they can from unsuspecting customers!
Old 11-18-2017, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Knee Pads are Overrated!

Quote:

What a gas!

So was sculpting most of the car in thick filler (not to mention the amateur welding, etc) John's way of getting back at Chad for being a "jerk" ("Hey, I'll show this guy!")?
Old 11-18-2017, 06:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Quote:

You sir have no idea how the internet works.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catorce View Post
Are you John Esposito
+1
You beat me to it. This guy is either John or a buddy of his.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: