Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > Volvo Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

The hood of the V40 does not open

Hello everyone, I have a volvo V40 D2 from January 2014. Lately, when I want to open the hood where the engine is, I can't open it. I operate the lever under the steering wheel. I activate the second lever in front of the headlights, but then there is a hook near the windshield wipers that prevents the hood from opening. What I can do?
Old 10-07-2019, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Hello and welcome to the forum! From what I've read in an earlier thread - next time you open your hood, have a look at the hook and clasp at the rear of the engine bay (by the wiper). The hook on the hood locks into a clasp on the main frame; the latter wasn't correctly positioned so just had to bend it slightly to allow the hook to disengage. A dealer took care of this for the user, but you can likely do it yourself.

Let us know if you have any other questions or if we can assist with any future part needs.

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2019, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: